Face yoga or face exercises seem to be gaining traction a lot more now. A lot of celebrities such as meghan markle, jennifer aniston, and madonna swear by face yoga, and give it credit for their everyouthfull appearances. It helps reduce laugh lines around your mouth area, frown lines between your eyebrows, jowls, saggy jawlines, you name it. Face yoga even helps you achieve a more asymmetric face. Keep on reading to find out exactly how to do face yoga.
Facial yoga strengthens your skin muscles making the topmost layer of the skin look plump and firm. In simpler words, it’s like botox, only better. It is a lot less invasive, natural, without the chemicals, cheaper and gives you the same results. These face exercises improve the skin by increasing blood circulation, which helps tighten the skin, and over time give you that seamless face lift.
If you’re wondering if face yoga is effective or not, then you’re in the right place.
Is face yoga effective?
The short simple answer to this question is yes. The long more elaborate answer is still yes, lol. There have been a couple of studies done to confirm the effectiveness of face yoga on the facial skin. The research done on 40 – 65 year olds showed a tremendous improvement on their skin. After 8 weeks the participants had much more fuller upper cheeks, making them look significantly younger.
What are the benefits of face yoga?
Face yoga isn’t just used for anti ageing, it has other benefits as well such as;
- Anti Aging
- Relieves headaches
- Reduces snoring
- Relieves neck pain
- Reduces wrinkles
I mean, if you could get two or three things off this list for something you can easily do with your hands from the comfort of your home, I don’t see why not. It all in fact seems too good to be true.
How long does it take for face yoga to work?
Of Course face yoga has all these benefits, and you’re probably getting ready to jump on it right now, which you totally should. This would be a fairytale without emphasizing the importance of consistency. I’m sure you’ve heard of the saying ‘consistency is key’, it really is, and it applies to everything. In order to see results, you’ve got to be consistent in all that you do.
Okay, now that i’m done sounding like a motivational speaker, let me break down the importance of consistency in this particular case. Dermatologists agree that in order for you to see results from face yoga you have to do it every single day, for at least 30 minutes for you to be able to achieve that younger look within 5 months.
I can tell you however from personal experience, i started seeing results from 2 weeks of doing face yoga for 2 minutes a day. My face was looking plum and less puffy. For someone who sleeps on her face and wakes up with a ridiculously puffy face every morning, just that was enough reason for me to keep going.
5 anti-ageing facial yoga exercises you can do at home
Here are 5 facial exercises to keep you looking youthful with a lifetime subscription to botox.
1. Forehead focus
- Make a fist with both hands with your fingers facing toward you
- place the knuckles of your middle fingers in the center of your forehead
- Slide fists to each side of the forehead ending at the temples, while applying moderate pressure
This helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Eyelid focus
- Make a peace sign with both of your hands
- Place your middle fingers on the inner edge of your eyebrows and your pointer fingers on the outer edge of your eyebrows
- Apply moderate pressure, and look upwards while squinting
This helps with heavy drooping eyelids
3. Face lift focus
- Place your palms on the sides of your face, with your ring fingers on the ends of your eyebrows
- Applying slight pressure, slowly lift your hands up and back to pull the skin
- Drop your jaw to make your face as long as possible
This helps to lift your face and reduce eyebags.
4. Neck lift focus
- Tilt head back gently so you feel a stretch in your neck
- Puff your lower lip out so you can feel the stretch intensify
- Place your fingers on each side of your neck and stroke down to your collarbone
This helps to define the jawline and get rid of excess fluids from the face. It leaves you with a more firm neck.
5. Plum lips focus
- Sit down and tip your head back slightly
- Pucker lips tightly and push forward
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds before releasing
This helps to reduce fine lines around the mouth area, smile lines included.
You may hold each pose for 2 minutes and repeat 5 to 10 times. You will find that this entire process is very relaxing and therapeutic. Incorporate it to your daily routine for the best results.
Let me know, have you ever tried face exercises before?